THIS IS A TEMPORARY INSTALL GUIDE, CLEANER AND MORE DETAILED ONE IS IN WORKS SORRY FOR INCONVENIENCES
Now that you know which tablet you got, pay closer attention on the exact installation method as it may differ.
- Brain with more than 2 braincells, pair of hands and reading skills
- Recovery image restored tablet with no updates installed (no WiFi turned on)
Before continuing, this is the most crucial part to get the tablets running on Windows 10.
- 1.Sometimes you have to clear the eMMC to proceed, this can only happen when you've updated past a point where jailbreaks no longer work or you used Alexen's guideAssuming there is nothing on there you need to keep do the following from WinRE command prompt, you can use the same BMR or Media Builder USB to get to command prompt. Power off, insert USB with your recovery files and boot from it by holding vol down while powering on. Once its booted do this:1. Select keyboard layout.2. Select "Troubleshoot".3. Select "Advanced Options".4. Select "Command Prompt".At command prompt type the following:diskpartsel dis 0cleanexitPower off, insert USB with your recovery files and boot from it by holding vol down while powering on. Once its booted do this:1. Select keyboard layout.2. Select "Troubleshoot".3. Select "Reset your PC".4. Select target OS to be replaced if there is one, this step won't exist if you clear the eMMC before starting.5. Select "Next".6. Select "Yes, repartition the drives".7. Choose desired drive erasure level .8. Select "Reset".
- 2.Follow https://openrt.gitbook.io/open-surfacert/common/boot-sequence/uefi/secure-boot/surface-rt-and-surface-2-jailbreak-usb to set up jailbreak on your device
- 3.Generate an image using https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/windows-10-build-15035-media-builder.4232301/
- 4.Plug the drive into your tablet and boot off of it by pressing
- 5.Follow the on-screen guide and you're good to go!