Linux for Surface RT
Each way of booting has it's own advantages and disadvantages. EFI is easy to boot but has bad performance and power effiency. APX needs more special hardware to boot but performs much better.
EFI booting is the easier way of booting Linux.
- No L2 Cache, no cpuidle (bad performance)
- No power related features (no PMIC regulators)
APX booting needs some special hardware.
- No Wi-Fi
- Dynamic Voltage Frequency Scaling (best performance)
- USB A-to-A cable (straight:
D+ -> D+, D- -> D-)
- µSD Card
- Linux PC (x86)
- USB-A host
- 2 GB DDR3 RAM
- HDMI (with audio)
- Vol+/-, PWR, Windows Buttons
- Hardware Acceleration (3D)